I’m so excited to announce this that I literally have goose bumps as I write…
You’ve heard me mention on several occasions the important role that #blogchat (a Twitter chat focused on bettering your blog) played in my decision, ability and confidence to successfully launch a personal blog focused on executive leadership and strategies.
I’ve been overwhelmingly blessed with a community of readers that shares magnetic insights with me on virtually every post, and I often find myself yearning for the opportunity to sit around a large table with all of you, cocktails in hand, exuberantly debating the nuances of the leadership challenges we’re all facing.
Well, I’m thrilled to announce that next Tuesday, October 12th, at 8:00 pm Eastern Time #LeadershipChat will debut – the opportunity to sit around that table, albeit virtually, and debate the most current leadership challenges of the day.
Making this debut even more exciting for me is the fact that I’ll be co-hosting the chat each week with my brilliant, dynamic and dear friend, Steve Woodruff. I had the privilege of meeting Steve at SOBCon last spring and have been one of his biggest fans ever since.
What Steve and I hope to offer is a “chat with a twist.” We’ll be something like your morning DJs - a “he said/she said,” “yin and yang” of leadership with Steve coming from the entrepreneurial and small business side of leadership while my experiences have predominantly been with Fortune 500 companies and leaders.
We would love for #LeadershipChat to be a place you look forward to hanging out at every Tuesday evening. Yes, a place where “everybody knows your name” and where you get rich, meaty insights every time you stop by.
As such, we’re designing it as follows:
- Every Monday I’ll publish a blog post that presents my view on a recently published post – by another author – on the topic of leadership. The post I’ll be writing about will be selected by both Steve and I based on the relevancy of the topic and on the ability to look at the topic from very different perspectives.
- On Tuesday morning Steve will post a video commentary – a “counterpoint,” if you will, to my post - on his own blog. And yes, I fully expect Steve’s counterpoint to be highly irreverent – yet engaging and insightful as well.
- We’ll turn it over to all of the #LeadershipChat participants on Tuesday evenings to share their perspectives, insights and experiences and to debate the merits, ideally all of us learning a great deal from each other in the process.
What do you think? Will you join us? I can’t tell you how honored we would be to have you there…! Please:
- Mark/block off your calendars for Tuesday evenings at 8 pm ET
- Share this post, along with Steve’s HIGHLY ENTERTAINING post announcing #LeadershipChat, with friends and colleagues
- Follow @LeadershipChat on Twitter
- Please stop back here next Monday the 11th to discover the topic for our first chat
- Be sure to stop by Steve’s place next Tuesday the 12th for his video response to my post
- Mull over our perspectives for a minute or two and then…
- Join us next Tuesday, October 12th at 8:00 pm ET for the grand debut…our first spin around the chat dancefloor!
We can’t wait to see you on #LeadershipChat next week as we pop open the champagne to celebrate the debut of our new, weekly get-together!
If you’d like to subscribe so you don’t miss a post…Subscribe Here to receive posts in your in-box automatically. To receive posts via “READER” Subscribe Here - thank you – I’m honored to have you as a reader!
Photo is Toast by Mr. Moss.