- Fully 66% of the respondents said a Republican victory in the White House would have the most positive impact on their industry
- 53% of respondents said a Republican president and Republican-controlled congress would have the most positive impact
- 13% said a Republican president and split control of congress would have the most positive impact
- Only 22% of respondents said an Obama re-election would have the most positive impact on their industry
At the same time, when asked about the availability of credit:
- 30% of respondents said it was getting better, a positive sign
- 4% said it was getting significantly better
- 55% said the availability of credit had remained unchanged
- Yet 10% said availability was either worse or significantly worse
Encouragingly, when asked to describe current business conditions in their industry compared to last month:
- 38% said they were better
- 2% said they were significantly better
- 45% said they’d remained unchanged
- While 15% said they’d actually gotten worse
Finally, when asked whether they were considering relocating any operations to a lower-tax country, state or municipality:
- 11% said they had already done so
- 29% said they were either considering it or strongly considering it
- A full 59% said they were not considering it
“It is compelling, although not surprising, to note that the majority of business owners and leaders are seeking a change in our country’s leadership, starting with the President. I think this sentiment reflects that the current administration has a mindset that prioritizes entitlement over innovation and self-reliance, a mindset that is in direct conflict with the very nature of the capitalist system that American CEOs and business leaders both respect and nurture.”
What’s your interpretation? Post Publishing Update: I’m receiving a lot of email comments today. It’s ok to find these results surprising (to be honest, I did) or to disagree with Carol’s interpretation. Please feel free to comment here on the post – I’d love to hear your views!
The CEO Connection Mid-Market Index is a CEO Connection project in collaboration with CEO Magazine, Edelman, WCG, Heidrick & Struggles, PrimeGenesis, The Segal Company, President and CEO Magazine, and The Wharton School. The mission of CEO Connection is to help mid-market CEOs and rising CEOs succeed. Mid-market companies, generally those with revenues between $100 million and $3 billion, are essential to the global economy as their $3.84 trillion annual contribution to the U.S. private sector GDP alone ranks them as the equivalent of the world’s fourth largest country.
Are you an introvert looking to use your introversion to your advantage in business & leadership or an extrovert interested in leading introverts more effectively? I wrote this eBook for you…
“The Introvert’s Guide to Success in Business and Leadership” eBook is NOW Available! Now an Amazon Best Seller & Hot New Release, Featured on Huffington Post, and the inspiration behind my Harvard Business Review article!
Click here to DOWNLOAD in PDF format. Thank you!
Being an introvert is truly an advantage in business and leadership if you know how to leverage it, and if you remain true to yourself.