I wrote last week about what I feel to be an undeniable truth, that what determines who you are as a leader is who you are as a person.
I shared my strongly-held belief, “It’s not possible to be a visionary leader if you do not have the ability to connect to the vision that lies within you, cultivate it, and share it with others. You cannot be a magnanimous leader if your heart does not hold generosity. And you will not be seen as a leader of great character if your soul has lost touch with truth, integrity, humility, loyalty and faith, and has instead taken hold of arrogance, resentment, denial, blame, vanity, jealousy or feelings of victimization.
Thus, your ability to be a great leader not only lies within you, it must come directly from within you, finding its source in the fabric of your being.”
And I told you about the exciting launch of a new book, “The Character-Based Leader: Instigating a Leadership Revolution…One Person at a Time,” for which I am a Co-Author along with 20 of my Lead Change Group colleagues.
Why am I reminding you of all of this? Because this week I am honored to share with you a podcast interview I did with one of my co-authors, Dan Rockwell (“Leadership Freak”), about my chapter in the book, “Leading with Character by Leading from Within.”
In this interview I reveal:
- How the mission of the book parallels my personal mission and my life’s work
- What it really means to lead from within yourself
- Why it’s vital to connect with who you are in your leadership role, and how it will help you lead from a higher place
- What does authenticity in leadership actually look like
- How this translates when we’re under pressure in our leadership roles
- The 3 successful leaders I wrote about in the book who had a deep connection to their True Selves which empowered them
- My “bottom line” for this chapter of the book, and for everything I am working on, in my effort to empower leaders to reach a new level of success
I hope you’ll love the interview as much as I enjoyed talking with Dan! Please share your thoughts in the comments!
Photo of “from within” by ijnek29.
FOR SPEAKING INQUIRIES: [email protected]
Are you an introvert looking to use your introversion to your advantage in business & leadership or an extrovert interested in leading introverts more effectively? I wrote this eBook for you…
“The Introvert’s Guide to Success in Business and Leadership” eBook is NOW Available! Amazon Best Seller, Amazon Hot New Release, and the inspiration behind my Harvard Business Review article! Featured on Huffington Post.
Click here to DOWNLOAD in PDF format. Thank you!
Being an introvert is truly an advantage in business and leadership if you know how to leverage it, and if you remain true to yourself.