Not only do you owe it to yourself, you owe it to every person who works for you or follows you in some capacity: a commitment to live your life true to who you are, as your Truest Self. To work each day to become more of who you were created to be and less of who you were not.
I didn’t always understand this. My reality is, I spent many years of my life disconnected from my True Self because I didn’t think I was worthy of love or success as me. This may surprise many of you, but it’s true. Most of the time I spent leading in the corporate world and in the non-profit world I was doing so as a very guarded, half-version of myself. I was leading from my mind, passionate about making things happen of course, but not connected to the place within that allowed me to truly lead from my heart.
I would have been a much better leader – and more successful than I was – if I had been my whole, True self, connected to all of who I was and am.
I have learned virtually everything I now know about The Essence of Worthiness and living as my True Self from working with my business partner and friend, Vanda Teixeira. So much so that I am now solely focused on helping her launch the To Be A Woman Global Platform, designed to help women awaken all of the 31 Essences of Being a Woman, reconnect to their true, intuitive selves, and to empower themselves from within to live their heart’s truest wishes.
It all started with a book.
That book is To Be A Woman: 31 Essences to Awaken Your True Self and Transform Your Life, which Vanda literally birthed. The words that together make up the 31 Essences have an energy vibration to them that is so high it purposefully makes it so that you cannot read too much in one sitting. These are words that help a woman look within her and awaken the deepest, most beautiful and treasured aspects of her that she may have suppressed or may simply have been laying dormant.
Reading this book is a different experience for every woman. For me, it helped me reconnect with parts of me I had suppressed as a pre-teen, when the mean girls at school were telling me I was ugly and would never be loved. I began to feel parts of my soul actually awaken, and I saw myself as truly beautiful for the first time in 30 years.
Yes, for me, it was that powerful.
So when Vanda told me we were destined to work together, I was simply overjoyed. I couldn’t imagine a more appropriate next step in my career than to help other women who were on a similar journey, wanting desperately to wake up all of who they are, but perhaps not even realizing that this was what was missing from their life!
- Women who feel something is missing from their lives but they just don’t know what
- Women who feel they are meant for so much more but don’t know where to look for it
- Women who are doing things for others when they don’t really want to, often disregarding their own needs
- Women who say, “I don’t ask for much” when instead they should be asking for exactly what they want
- Women who feel obligated to live with the choices they made in the past instead of to create the future they most desire, starting by forgiving themselves
- Women who have been afraid to pursue their truest wishes because of what other people will think
The To Be A Woman book and the Global Platform we are in the process of creating will help women in so many ways. We will help women:
- Connect with and acknowledge the fears, insecurities, and old belief systems that are holding them back
- Then, importantly, release these fears, insecurities and old belief systems so they may move forward
- Forgive themselves so they may forgive others
- Nurture their Essences of Worthiness, Knowing, and Courage, and all 31 Essences of Being a Woman
- Empower themselves from within to live a life that is true to who they are, and not who they thought they needed to be or had accidentally become
I am eternally grateful for the opportunity to work with Vanda and a magical team of talented women. We officially launched the To Be A Woman book in November, and put together a short video of pictures from the event. You may even notice a photo of me interviewing civil rights leader, activist, Baptist minister and friend of Martin Luther King, Jr., The Reverend Dr. Gerald Durley. Of the book and the Global Platform that we are creating, Reverend Durley said,
It awakens a woman to be who she is, who she was created to be. It allows her feminine side to be real. It also challenges a man to truly appreciate a woman. It ministers to you. Do you remember the song, “The Wind Beneath My Wings?” Well, the wind is the spirit. Most women truly are the wind beneath.
So will I still be talking about Visionary Leadership here on this blog in 2014? Absolutely! But we are going deep now…leadership at its truest, deepest level, starting with being true to you!
Because just as you have to love yourself so that you may love others, you have to lead by being true to yourself so you can be true to those you lead!
~~~~If you would like to buy a book, you may purchase the Signature (12×12 Coffee Table version), Hardcover Special Edition, and Paperback To Be A Woman book on our website , and the eBook version is available on Amazon as well! No matter what, thank you for being an important and valued part of the Visionary Leadership Community!~~~~
Top photo by rocket ship on Flickr