I discovered years ago that creating and communicating a clear vision is incredibly difficult for most leaders, yet is something for which I have a special talent and gift.
Great leaders excel at creating and communicating a vision…it’s a big part of what makes them great.
For example, savor the words that President Lincoln used in the Gettysburg Address to describe the simplicity of his vision,
that this nation, under God, shall have a new birth of freedom
And that Martin Luther King, Jr. used to describe a vision well beyond the goal of Civil Rights legislation,
I have a dream that one day on the red hills of Georgia the sons of former slaves and the sons of former slave owners will be able to sit down together at the table of brotherhood.
I have a dream that one day even the state of Mississippi, a state sweltering with the heat of injustice, sweltering with the heat of oppression, will be transformed into an oasis of freedom and justice.
These great leaders understood the critical importance and power of vision. They understood how imperative it is to be able to clearly communicate one’s vision, and to then tie their strategies directly to that vision in order to bring it to life.
Goals and objectives are not enough to lead an organization. Vision charts the course, and is the fulcrum upon which great leadership balances.
Visionary Leadership is my passion!
I will help you create and communicate clear, compelling, inspiring visions to transform and grow your business exponentially, and I will show you how to align your strategies with your vision to drive organizational success.
- The difference between vision and mission
- How critical a clear vision is to a company’s growth and success
- The importance of clearly communicating the vision to all levels of the organization and getting everyone in the same boat, rowing toward that vision
- The importance of aligning strategies, and then objectives, with the vision
- Determining the current state of the vision and what each team member perceives their role to be in bringing the vision to life
- Developing and committing to a new vision for the entire company and/or team
- Creating and implementing a detailed strategy to communicate the vision clearly to all levels of the organization
- Aligning all strategies in the organization with the newly defined vision
- Creating a process to ensure that all initiatives have objectives that align with vision-oriented strategies
- Ensuring that the leadership team understands their critical role as stewards and key navigators toward this vision
Full-day and half-day workshops are designed to be highly interactive and include the dynamics of presentation, individual work, small group discussion, and large group debate and decision making activities.
Consulting engagements may be tailored to the leader’s or organization’s particular needs and are designed to meet the needs found at different levels of the organization.
Email Lisa@CLevelStrategies.com to discuss your organization’s visionary leadership needs and to hire Lisa Petrilli.